Have you recently found yourself in the state of unemployment, love? Looking for things to do that are both productive and fun? Well. I’ll have none of that. Follow my lead and have some fun doing all the worst possible things you can do while unemployed. Here are my current top 5 funemployment tips to get you back on your feet faster than that squarespace site you promised your best friend you would build her before your slow decent into depression will get built.
- Showers are for closers.
- There are so many YouTube videos of drag queens around.
- Avoid all media related to your old job so you’re completely out of touch with your former world.
- As your subscription video accounts expire, make sure you forget and leave all your shows in mid season, preferably in a cliffhanger.
- Listen to podcasts about tv shows you do not watch.
The picture is of a kitten outside of a hospital. Note, I wrote this in March and am still unemployed. You can read more about mitigating circumstances and why I was at a hospital to take a picture of a stray cat here.
The following post was written (obviously) in January as a abortive New Years resolutions goals post. I have accomplished 1 and 1/2 of these and it is about 2 quarters through the year, Not one. Predicting this, I attempted to make the goals easy. I’m good at life.
It’s closer to the end of January than the beginning. And, that’s how I like these posts. Resolutions are stupid. Unfortunately, the calendar year is just so damn convenient or organize things around.
As to not even try and think on the unachievable, huge, life changing goals, I’ve decided to focus on only the first quarter of 2017.
So, here I am writing up my my short term goals for the quarter. Here’s the list and I’ll come back for a post I’ll keep updated on each.
- Read the X-Men comics I’ve been putting off for what seems like forever but lead into the books I love the most. First up is The Phalanx Covenant so I can grasp Gemeration-X better.
- Buy an Nvidia Shield TV box and use it as my gateway drug back into gaming.
- Figure out a way to make my cat, Rose, get along with his new friend and roommate… my parents’ cat Violet.
- Make at least one trip to visit a friend who lives in a state I don’t currently (or recently) live in.
- Figure out a way to make my living situation work. I live in a room that has the laundry room… as a closet
If you’ve made it this far, you deserve to know that I accomplished #3 because that just happens naturally over time. I also read the Grant Morrison run on New X-Men (again), so that gets a half.
Mulling wine for the good of Thanksgiving was the best idea I’ve had in a while. Here’s a very precise recipe that I used. Sorry for the lack of real pics… but you can imagine, right?
If not, you can imagine it looks a little like this minus the star anise because it’s my least favorite spice of all time—I mean, who really needs a spice that tastes vaguely of licorice and/or fennel? 😠
I paired the picture of mulling wine with one of my sister passed out after consuming most of said wine. Recipe after the jump. Continue reading Mulled for the Gods
With the threat of having to get up early tomorrow (mostly) finished for all of Athens’ student-kind, Copper Creek is sure to be packed tonight. Their flush bank accounts are nearly drained of all that student loan money from January and everyone is in need of delicious, two dollar beer.
Drink any time one of the following things happen:
- Someone says “vampire”
- Anya references being a demon
- A vampire gets staked
- Angel looks angsty
- Giles or Spike use British slang
- A band plays at The Bronze
- Giles polishes his glasses
- A character on screen drinks
- Dawn whines about something
I think I have my plans for this weekend.